Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Shirt Update/Classes/Catching Up


Welllll....... The shirt was too small in the shoulders and too short through the bodice for DD. That is because she is so thin that in order to get something to fit around, it can be too short. Without being able to try things on, it did not fit. It DID fit DDIL#2 though, so at least somebody will get good use out of it. DD liked the fabric but I don't have enough to cut her another shirt exactly like it. But, maybe that is a good thing as she and DDIL#2 would probably rather not show up wearing the same shirt. I will cut DD one out of the contrast print and her contrast will be the plain color.

I signed up for 2 classes at Josephine's today. It has been 30 years since I put in an invisible zipper so I signed up for a zipper class. The other class is a pants fitting class in January of 2010. I am thinking by then I should be ready to fit pants...assuming my plans work out. I hope they have another jacket class in the near future. One of the SG women took that class and made a really pretty LH bolero jacket. It has been 30 years since I made/tailored a lined jacket too! I do not remember anything about "sleeve heads." Huh?

I went to the Quilt Expo over in Portland last month and saw some beautiful quilts. I still do not want to do quilting but I can appreciate what other people can do. This horse one, named Vision of Horses, by June Jaeger was my favorite. It was gorgeous. It received a Judges Choice award and well deserved, I thought.

Adele P. Margolis passed away at the age of 100 yesterday. Carolyn had a nice tribute on her blog (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) which prompted me to buy 2 of her books, including her tailoring book. I think I had that in my original sewing room?

I finally did 2 sensor buttonholes on my Janome 6600 today. This was after I realized that DS had moved my thread guide and that's why it wasn't working correctly. Oh, Geez...

No comments:

Post a Comment