Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's Christmas Eve (long and chatty)


It's Christmas Eve and I am about ready to turn in. In the morning I need to get up early, toilette self, make a salad, clean kitchen, load car and take off for DS#2 house. This year I did not get all my sewing done and for some reason, I am fairly exhausted. It is a good thing I do not have to do Christmas this year. I offered and thank heavens nobody took me up on it.

Jalie 2804 has been retired! At least for a few months. I finished DDIL shirt and hope it fits. I love the print. It is a Pucci looking print RPL from Lucy's with a flat finish and really nice hand. It came out of the dryer feeling so soft. I ordered 2 more Jalie patterns and can hardly wait to try them. I still have at least two more things to sew that I did not get done for Christmas and then, I am going to start making myself a new wardrobe.

Yay! 30 pounds gone this year. I started last February and took it slow. Unfortunately, most of my old wardrobe still does not fit. I weigh the same as when I bought the clothes...but alas...things have dropped and bulged. Very sad.....Many new fitting problems now. But, on the bright side, I have Matilda. Yippee Skippee!! Somebody from SG is going to help me fit the cover. I am so excited and can hardly wait to get started. In January, I am taking a pants fitting class over at Josephines. I have already taken one class from the instructor and really like her. That's important when you are going to be parading around in your undies, don't you think? ;-)

The fabric I am using for my pants is a wool/rayon twill with a smidge of silk (5%) in it. It was advertised as chartreuse but when it came, it looked "mustard" to me. I would never buy that color if I saw it first but it is growing on me and the fabric is really nice. Very soft but weighty enough for pants. I hope I can find something nice to line them with...I may have to go for a silk print because I don't think there is much of a chance of matching the color.

Oh, I get to see my little KK and little Sam tomorrow. It is Sam's first Christmas. I made him this little bib to wear tomorrow. KK will be wearing her Christmas dress too. I put her old Christmas bib in with my packages. She thinks she is far too old to wear a bib but maybe she would if it was only for 15 or 20 minutes. I don't want to insult her but don't want food on her taffeta Christmas dress either??? I just put my camera in my purse so I won't forget it in the morning.

Usually I am not anxious to turn another year. I have no wish for my life to pass any faster. But, I will not be sorry to see the end of 2009 and I have heard so many other people express the same thought lately. Maybe it is the economy? The war? Maybe it is the constant bombardment of bad news on the radio and television? It could be because so many people, like me, got notified that their credit card interest rate has just almost doubled in addition to home foreclosures and lost jobs? Who knows? But, I hope 2010 is better.

I have several goals for 2010 but prefer, at this point, to keep them to myself until my ideas are worked out more clearly.

I hope everybody has a very Merry Christmas and that 2010 is healthy and happy. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment