Monday, March 29, 2010

No Fat Lady Singing Here!

I did indeed live through my surgery. In fact, due to the superior talents of my surgeon and the wonderful staff at the hospital, I would say I am doing extremely well. There is nothing like a video assisted surgery, with its smaller incisions and less manipulation of your poor little body, to do the trick! My "ahem" problem was removed and further treatment is still up in the air, pending final pathology reports. It is not curable but can be managed for years, if I am lucky. I will be having a few more tests and it is possible I could be in for some additional treatment, if not now, likely down the road a bit. But, all in all, it could have been worse. I mean?? I just had a box delivered from Fabric Mart today that I ordered before I went to the hospital. And, a very sweet friend gave me a gift certificate to order even MORE!!

Besides, my KK is getting her new sewing machine for her BD in a couple of weeks. I am so excited to see her face.

Thank you to all who asked how I am doing and sent me well wishes. It was very much appreciated during what has been a rather tough time. Hugs to all of you!

Cheers, Stash

10 comments:

  1. Dear Stash, I am happy and relieved to see your post! I admire your positive spirit. That will carry you many, many miles Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so relieved to hear that the Fat Lady had to find another venue. You're so brave, Stash!

    Continue to feel better and get some rest. It will be wonderful having you sewing circles around us all once again.

    Here's hoping that the pending test results are all good and that you continue to do well for decades and decades to come.

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased it all went well Stash, I have been thinking of you and wondering if you were OK. I hope your recovery is swift and the news is only good from here on in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to 'hear' your chipper voice again, Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stash So glad to "hear" your voice again! I had wondered where you went. Wishing you a quick and thorough recovery,

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stash! I'm so glad all went well and that you are on the mend. I can't wait for June, so that you and I can get together for some serious sewing time - or some serious fabric shopping time - and some serious lunch! Take good care.

    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  7. stash, i am so glad i found this post!! You have been on my mind. I totally forgot you maintain more than one blog ... OK.
    So. That made my day! i was just concerned.
    Your pal,
    robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also positive person, and plan to think good thoughts that I will be reading you on your blog and Stitchers Guild for a long time. In the short term, I hope you feel better quickly after your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wondering where on earth you went! So glad you are on the mend, and here's hoping all the news is good. Looking forward to more sewing and inciteful (no pun intended) commentary :) K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stash, I am happy your news is good and your surgery went well. I hope things continue to go well for you from now on.

    ReplyDelete